- the first man opened the door only in a towel informing us he got out of the shower to talk with us. Straight up awkward...we will return another day sir
- a man opened the door and greeted us with a nice "I was just about to start doing my coke.... Why are you guys here?"
- we were walking past a couple who had just pulled up in their driveway and the man gets out and rips the loudest fart I have ever heard. It took a few minutes for me and my companion to recover from that one.
- a woman answered the door and after telling her who we were was just like "uh no." but in a Bon qui qui really rude kind of attitude.
- there were 2 families we found who showed some interest, so there is some hope for the neighborhood.
This neighborhood holds a special place in my companion's and I heart because our most solid investigator lives there. Her name is Marianna and she is a miracle. We get a call from our ward mission leader last week telling us to go visit these two teenagers so we did and turns out they weren't interested to say the least, but their grandma was (aka Marianna). She had taken the missionary lessons about 2 years ago, but couldn't get baptized because of her work schedule. Now 2 years later she doesn't have that job anymore and has an even stronger desire to get baptized. Everyday for the past two years she has woken up early to read a few pages from the Book of Mormon. Talk about dedication. She loves loves loves the Plan of Salvation and has a baptism date for a certain date in Febrero. I would tell you what day that is, but I don't want to get your hopes up. We also have a few potentials and have received 4 referrals in the past two weeks, which is a huge blessing in the Valencia ward. Missionary work here in Orlando is changing a ton. It could be because two apostles have talked to us the past 2 weeks. Last week was Elder Nelson and this week was Elder Perry, except we weren't invited to the last one since it was for the leadership callings, but the focus of course was on MISSIONARY WORK. Go figure right? Missionary work is zeeee best.
So I am writing this on my new handy dandy iPad. I guess I could have just told Siri to type it for me, but I didn't think about that until now. I thought I had given up technology for 18 months, but it somehow followed me here. We even have an app called "area book" and that's where we do our numbers, plans and even have electronic like progress records. Super weird. I miss the old planners.... Life was just easier when we had them. I do however like the fact we have the gospel library app, which means we can study from any of the resources there. Score! Oh, we also have the white bible on here as well. Couldn't forget that.
Early Friday morning (and I mean way early) we had the opportunity to go do a session in the temple. It was so stinkin awesome and we even saw the new-new video. Have I mentioned how much I love Florida? Going to the temple was just the icing on the cake.
I hope all is well wherever you may be and if things aren't so hot right now read 1 Nephi 18:21 and do like Nephi did and pray. If the winds don't seize right now, they will. I thought I had patience before my mission, but boy was I wrong. Every single day I am learning something new... About myself, about others and about my Savior.
Also, I am going to Buffalo Wild Wings after. Perks of stateside! Woo hoo
Con mucho amor,
Ps. Mom I'm staying safe. Don't worry :)
Pps. Dad please send me those scripture references you told me would be useful on my mission. I lost the paper I had them on. Thanks!