19. obey with exactness
18. be a go-getter (dont wait to be asked to do something, just do it.)
17. ALWAYS accept a second serving of dessert, especially if it is flan.
16. differentiating between my needs and my wants (...still a struggle).
15. READ READ READ the scriptures. I love the Book of Mormon and I make sure that everyone I meet knows about this little blue book.14. sharing the gospel is not hard.
13. the importance of attending the temple
12. recognizing my weaknesses, which are many, then allowing the Lord to make up for the rest.
11. power in prayer. He listens.
10. don't judge people and their circumstances
9. getting out of my comfort zone!
8. be humble.
7. murmur not! 6. keep an eternal perspective
5. love and serve as Jesus Christ did
4. smile. We choose our own happiness.
3. the power of the Atonement is real.
2. God is good.
1. THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST CAN RESOLVE ANYTHING
I have been thinking a lot lately of how perfect my mission is for me! All of these little things that I have listed are some things that I have learned one way or another through the people I have met and the experiences I have had. I know that these things will stick with me for the rest of my life and I am just so dang grateful to be spreadin the good word everyday. It truly is the best.
Okay okay, since you are all dying to know. I had the best birthday of my life. I was thousands of miles away from my most loved ones, but it's like I wasn't. The love I have felt from these members and my companion has just made my heart so full and happy. The day started out with a scavenger hunt (yes, dad exactly like you do) provided by the greatest missino parents ever, the Clare's. Then we went on to teach our cutie teenager investigator, Jannyse. She's a miracle. We were leaving this trailer park and were in a hurry to our next lesson, but this was when we had the goal to talk to everything, so we talked to her and she has been trying to find Christ in her life. We have been working with her and as a missionary you get to see people change. Her isn't a dramatic change, but a small one. By talking with her one can tell that she is coming to know her Savior more. When we teach her, it's like I am teaching my old self. She has a special place in my heart.
You'll never believe what happened? Zone leaders call and guess what? Sista Brooks is getting transferred from this heaven of a place. I knew it was too good to be true.
A lot of miracles happened this week as we were able to attend the baptism of Leslie, the girl we passed over to YSA. We are still teaching her mom and she has a baptismal date for this month, she is eating the gospel up. She has been on a temple tour, is coming to church, and even takes notes during Relief Society. It's so funny how the Lord works. I am almost certain that if her daughter had not had the desire to learn more about her Savior then we would not be teaching her mom either, but you can just tell that the hand of the Lord has always been in their life and all it took was a knock on the door.
Life is too good here. It rains everyday and it is so hot you can see the steam coming off the pavement, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. Not even a nice trip to Colombia..... and we all know how much I love that place. Choose the right, stay dry, and eat some Cafe Rio for me.
Con amor siempre,